Flaky Quiche Crust. Our favorite butter pie crust recipe that makes consistent flaky pie dough every time. Jump to the full Pie Crust Recipe. Preparation In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and ice water.
Learn how to make a basic recipe of quiche with all the tricks to make a perfect flaky crust. By adding Bacon you will make quiche Lorraine, or mushrooms for a mushroom quiche. This crust is so flaky and tender.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, flaky quiche crust. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Our favorite butter pie crust recipe that makes consistent flaky pie dough every time. Jump to the full Pie Crust Recipe. Preparation In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and ice water.
Flaky Quiche Crust is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Flaky Quiche Crust is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have flaky quiche crust using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Ingredients for Flaky Quiche Crust:
- Give For The Crust.
- You need 1 for Large Egg.
- Need 2 1/2 Tbs of ICE COLD Water.
- Provide 1 1/2 Cups – All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp – Salt.
- Require 140 Gr – UnSalted Butter – Cubed.
- Need For The Filling.
- Give 200 Gr of Lardon – Smoked or UnSmoked.
- Prepare 50 for Gruyere Cheese.
- Give 200 ml of Creme Fraiche (I used Sour Cream – Also Good).
- You need 200 ml – Double Cream.
- You need 3 for Eggs, Well Beaten – (I used 2 medium Chicken eggs and 1 Duck egg and it was Amazing).
- Prepare Pinch of ground Nutmeg.
Flaky and rich from the cheese. I was a bit leary of the amount of flour–it's not enough compared to other quiche pastry recipes but it does work. Unlike other pie crust, flaky pie crust does not have sugar in it. It makes it perfect for savory meat pies, fruit pies, and quiche.
Flaky Quiche Crust step by step:
- In the Bowl of a food processor, add flour and salt and Pulse, add the butter and pulse until looks like course meal. Add in the egg and Ice Water, pulse until dough forms.
- Transfer the Dough onto a floured surface and roll out to over the size of your flan dish. Put ontop of the dish and press lightly into place. Then using a knife remove any excess..
- Put into Freezer for 20-25 mins – this needs to be very cold before filling is added..
- Method for Filling – Heat a frying pan and cook the lardons, drain the fat and cook again but do not allow to crisp. Remove from pan onto paper towels..
- Cut 3/4 of the Cheese into Cubes and Great the rest..
- Slacken the crème Fraiche and whisk in the cream, then slowly whisk in the eggs. Add a little salt and the nutmeg..
- Sprinkle the Lardons and 3/4 of the cheese into the pastry base and pour in about 1/2 of the mixture. Then put half way into the oven on a baking sheet (pre-Heated to 220c). Then Pour the rest of the mixture in and close the Over – Lower Temp to 190c and cook for 25 mins until top is golden..
- Remove the quiche and let settle for 5 mins remove from tin and eat – it is also good cold :).
Some recipes use butter as fat because it renders, well, buttery tasting crust. Quiche crusts are made with shortcrust pastry. The name "shortcrust" refers to the baking term "short" which means pastries that are flaky and crumble when you cut into them. Make quiche according to recipe directions. The crust turned out flaky as promised.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food flaky quiche crust recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!